Thursday, August 18, 2011

City to Surfin

On Sunday, my work mates and I either sprinted (Miss Irish Eyepatch), power walked (Miss KC) or strolled (yours truly) the 14 km stretch that is, the City to Surf.

Our finish times varied from 75 minutes (Miss Irish Eyepatch) to 180 minutes (yours truly).

I walked with RidinSoloSallySolo and we had a grand time. We bought homemade lemonade off some entrepreneurial little boys, took tonnes of photos like tourists and every so often exchanged:

This isn't so bad, is it?? Not bad at all!

all the while walking at snail's pace and hardly exerting any conscientious effort at all.

What a splendid day.

Was it the furthest I've ever walked in one hit- like, in my whole entire life? For schizz.

Was it the first medal I've ever received (albeit souvenir)? Absolutely.

Will I do it again? Definitely.

[Get ready to rumble:]


[A fraction of the 85,000 people who participated:]

[Dancing to Tina Turner with the Ladies in Pink:]


[Business minded kids:]

[Heartbreak Hill:]


[Elmo- the poor girl in the costume was really hot and her Elmo feet were tearing up- what a trooper]:


[Sydney's famous skyline:]


[Cancer Council lego:]

[Mr Funky Glasses and his lovely lady:]

[Spiderman and Batman]:

[Almost at the end, here we go, Bondi!]:

[RidinSoloSallySolo and I are so happy to be near the end:]


[We did it and got our souvenir medals! I know, my bib number has a certain, you could say, connotation to it...total coincidence:]

[Miss Irish Eyepatch- all fresh after having gone home following her super speedy time. We hadn't even started by the time she finished, she was that quick!]:


[The Gang after some food and rest:]

[While we were Eating:]


[My picture on the official site- walking really slow:]

Meanwhile:

MELBOURNE TOMORROW. THEN KOREA THE DAY AFTER. THEN LONDON THE DAY AFTER THAT!!

UH-HUH!

No comments: