Sunday, April 11, 2010

He may as well be in Perth...

Man from Mars is working in Katoomba until Wednesday. Then he's flying back to Melbourne until Sunday night. Then he's flying back to Sydney/Katoomba until the following Wednesday. Then he's flying back to Melbourne until who knows when. Talk about silly.

He flew into Sydney about 10 seconds ago and it's so misleading because even though he's in the same state as me, he's actually in the backstreet hinterlands of anywhere, which means he may as well be in Perth.

Meanwhile, yesterday I walked through the hinterlands of the Botanical Gardens, and did you know that the trees are full of bats?? There's this one path which takes you through a "rainforest experience" and so I took it, smiling indulgently, trudging carefully through the "rainforest" and feeling holier than thou for getting up close and personal with the unique flora of Australia. I thought to myself: "My those bird calls are very pretty" but as I walked further and further into the "rainforest" the cacophany of "bird calls" became uncomfortably screechy and as I looked up, I found myself face to face with a canopy full of upside down bats.

I got out of there faster than you could say "De ne ne ne ne ne ne ne De ne ne ne ne ne ne Batman!"

No comments: