Wednesday, April 14, 2010

That's my champion

Last night as I was sitting on the train going home, I got a text from Man from Mars which said:

I'll be there by 8 pm. What do you wanna do for dinner?

Clearly, Man from Mars had gotten his recipient wrong and I texted back a:

What??

But then he called me and said obviously he hadn't got his recipient wrong and that he was on his way up from
Katoomba to catch up for a couple of hours.

I rattled off a bunch of useless questions:

But how are you gonna go back? When will you go back? What do you mean???????

Then I managed to get my brain back:

Are you for real??????!!!!!! That is so excitinggggggggg! OKAY SEE YOU SOON!

I was trying not to shout because I was on the train and everyone was struck down with the Tuesday Tumbles (the feeling you have on Tuesday where you know you're not halfway yet, but at least it's not Monday although you still wish it was at least Thursday). In other words, I couldn't be too vocal in my excitement because everyone else seemed a little gloomy and I'd be irritating them if I was too loud about it.

Anyway, Man from Mars got to my house at 8 pm where we ate thai green curry and seafood pad thai... we hung, laughed and had a grand time. It was only an hour and a half before he had to go, but it was the best hour and a half ever.

Man from Mars is the best.

No comments: