Wednesday, July 28, 2010

What's up Space Cowboy?


So, what's the story Morning Glory? It's been a while! What have I been up to? LOTS, says I.
  • I turned 26 yesterday! Old to me, young to older people, geriatric to toddlers. Age is so relative.

  • Man from Mars sprung a surprise visit on me today. He emailed me as if he was back in Melbourne, so I replied drearily that I was still at work, trying to nut out something that was confusing me. He dropped a casual:

"Wanna have dinner? I'll see you in 20 minutes"

And I promptly went off into a fizz and told anyone who cared that he was cominngggg! Then we went and had Japanese at Sakae before he had to leave for the airport to get back to Melbourne. A grand total of one hour- barely enough to tide me over to the next time I get to see him, but enough all the same.

  • This morning I got onto the train and into a carriage full of school kids- they were on their way to a school excursion and they were yelling, running through the carriage and carrying on like kids do. At one point I glanced over at a little guy who looked okay, but didn't look too strong- translucent skin, tiny little frame, leaning his head on his friend's arm. His friend was a chatterbox and didn't seem to notice the little guy supporting his head on his arm. Next thing you know and the little guy has spewed all over his front and on his mate's school bag. The teachers in charge throw their arms up in despair, as if to say "Such is life when you're minding a carriage full of kids!" and comfort the little guy while trying to clean up the 6 seater with tissues and bottled water. Another little girl who was sitting opposite the unwell chap starts gagging and I'm scared that they'll all start barfing out of sympathy. Thankfully, she gags twice, pulls it together and then continues to recount her story about her older brother and his cool bmx bike.

  • Two weekends ago I got a new GPS and now I'm gonna get my driving into Top Gear

  • Man from Mars came for a couple of days two weeks ago and we stayed at the Ibis near King St Wharf. We had cool dinners, ten minute trips to work and an all over lovely time

  • Last weekend I gave my GPS a whirl and my sister and I went to Mac Centre to watch Toy Story 3. I LOVED that movie. The ending is so bittersweet and takes me back to when my pink teddy bear was the apple of my eye. I would carefully wrap my teddy's bum in a "nappy" (read: handkerchief) and would "change" (read: rewrap/rearrange) it daily to make sure that he was never without a nice clean nappy. The funniest movie I've seen in a really long time. Absolutely recommended.

  • Masterchef is over. Adam won. I'm feeling a little existential while I find something new to fill in my evenings from 7:30 to 8:30.

  • I'm addicted to this show called "Make it or break it". It's about a bunch of gymnasts training for the Olympics spiced up with all this boy drama- and I suspect I'm a little old for it, but the storyline is undeniably riveting in that familiar Dawson's Creek kind of way.

  • Man from Mars and I took a ride on the ferris wheel near Darling Harbour. Then we had greasy Maccas and got kitsch things from Morning Glory.

  • Last Friday was the Christmas In July work cruise. Everyone grumbled about the greedy eaters who took all the food at the buffet before we had even had a chance to survey the spread, but it was a breezy, fun night filled with loud talking, relationship advice and alchomohollllll! Can I love my workmates more??

  • I caught up with Miss Ebae and Cathogan yesterday and it was almost like we were back on exchange in Canada. I wanna rewind 3 years!!!

All in all, good times :)

No comments: