Sunday, July 5, 2009

Best and Worst

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/19/GBUGLY.JPG


My favourite blog of the moment is Mia Freedman's blog: mamamia.com.au.

On Friday she posted what her best and worsts for the week were. I've decided to do the same (when I remember).

Best moments of 29 June 2009 to 5 July 2009:
  • driving in the sunshine with my sister, singing along to Lily Allen and laughing at the lyrics of "Not fair"

  • walking so far to Turner (Canberra) with Man from Mars (he's house hunting) and being sooo hungry because we skipped breakfast to make the house inspection. Declaring that I was in Starvation Nation and then getting loony and hyper because what else could you do when you're in Canberra, hungry and got nothing to do but walk from one house to the next

  • eating lindt icecream on Sydney Harbour
  • finding perfect cheap lipgloss at Sportsgirl- perfect shade and everything
  • making my first phone call at work
  • fighting and making up with Man from Mars almost every second day. Funny in hindsight, intolerable at the time.

Worst:

  • getting really nervous every time I have to call someone official at work
  • feeling out of my depth at work

  • arguing with Man from Mars before Canberra trip because he didn't want to share his backpack. Eating horrible fastfood before 3.5 hour bus ride to Canberra. Making up over argument while trying to find key to make final loo trip before boarding long bus trip. Long bus trip. Fighting once in Canberra because I think Man from Mars doesn't listen to me like he cares. Make up with Man from Mars the next day because we forgot we were fighting-- this bit falls within the final point of "bests")
  • buying weird permanent lipgloss by accident and having to go around Canberra looking like a kid who'd gone through her mum's make up (this was before I discovered awesome Sportsgirl lipgloss)

  • feeling apprehensive about the looming working week.
Bisous 'til next week.

No comments: