Sunday, December 13, 2009

Different wavelengths...


http://www.astronomynotes.com/light/freqwavl.gif

For Man from Mars and I, the Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus dichotomy becomes most clear when it comes to the subject of driving.

I hate it. I'm a nervous driver who feels pressured by the driver behind me, rushes through lane changes and feels like the world is doomed as soon as I step wheel into the cramped and hectic hell that is, the car park.

Save me, I'm begging you.

Meanwhile, Man from Mars classes driving as his "me" time. His time for introspection and calm; an escape from the buzz and wild times of a share house and life in Canberra.

I love it, he says.

Love is a very strong word, I point out. It shouldn't be chucked around loosely and in my opinion, driving definitely isn't worthy of such high praise.

No comments: