Sunday, December 6, 2009

Not on my belly's life...

http://www.shangri-la.com/uploadedImages/property/Sydney/dining/restaurants/cafeMix.jpg

Stomach bugs are the worst. Especially when you get hit by them the day before your work Christmas party which is being held at the Shangri La- Cafe Mix- Buffet.

Yes. Buffet.

I stayed up all Thursday night feeling horrid and dizzy, all the while declaring the situation completely unjust and unfair. How was I going to eat like the king with this lurgy in tow?

I wasn't. Obviously.

So I missed out on the mountains of seafood, the chocolate fountain, the shelves of beautiful pastries and cakes and had to make do with a bowl of miso soup and two pieces of "safe sushi"- as in, nothing complex; the cucumber and avocado kind.

Oh woe is me.

I've heard that those buffets are $200 for two people.

Wasted.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

:O that sucks. get better soon. i've never been to shangrila before