Sunday, October 24, 2010

Make up your mind, Mama Nature...

Platitudes are a boring way to open a post, but I can't help it: "What's with the weather lately?"

Beautiful, sunny, picnics one day; thunderstorms, torrential rains the next. Frankly, I would prefer some consistency. But then again, I wouldn't want to mess around with Mama Nature and her inimitable power.

All in all it's been an eventful week.

On Monday, Miss DB roped me into watching "Made in Dagenham" with her. It was free and fabulous. I enjoyed it immensely, not only for the girl power message it inspired, but because it surpassed my non-existent expectations.

On Tuesday, I caught up with an old work mate and enjoyed some good food, conversation and coffee. The sweet waitress forgot to serve our beverages because the order was apparently cut off at the very edge of the docket-- cue: free chips and sauce. To be honest, I didn't mind that it was taking so long because coffee isn't really my thing, but enjoyable conversation is. In the end, we were served by the most attentive waitstaff on the planet, and by the time we left, we and they were all smiles: redeemed.

Wednesday and Thursday consisted mostly of high quality girl talk. All I can say is that Miss DB, Miss K Kaif and Ms CalmFarm entertained my mind and and my saved hiney a number of times this week.

And Friday, sweet Friday- more picnics, noodle markets and joviality. What's not to love for the week's end?

Some photos:

Miss Tiny, Miss DB and Miss LondonLook and I in the park (when the weather was happy):




Any sneaky birds lurking? On Wednesday, a bird landed a white capsule on my skirt. I didn't know it was poo, until I casually tried to flick it off, thinking it was fluff. Ultimate fail, it shattered into a line of runny white on my blacker than black skirt:


Friday marked the death of Miss K Kaif's glamourous computer mouse. Pink and diamondy, it will never be replaced:


The always wise and insightful Ms CalmFarm:



Saturday- I introduced Miss EBae to the Bourke St Bakery. As with all things direction-related, I couldn't remember how to get there. Miss EBae used her noodle and in the absence of a printer and iphone, took a photo of her street map. It worked a treat and we got there like smooth criminals:




Surry Hills Pub Art:



And then, Mama Nature turned-- down came the rains:



... we sought refuge in the best place on the planet- the library:



... and rejected all the high quality books at our disposal and indulged in some celebrity gossip:



To end on a musical note, this is my favourite song of the moment: Brooke Fraser's Something in the Water: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5C-YHSy3Fw&feature=related

Have a top week xx

No comments: