Wednesday, December 8, 2010

So I got an album...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_n0fA_tZ4s2k/SIlpQLR1zrI/AAAAAAAAAEs/h0mTw_B4Fqs/s400/Mariah_Carey_-_Daydream.jpg

The first cassette tape I ever purchased with my own money was the Mariah Carey's Daydream. It cost $19.99 and One Sweet Day was #2 on Rick Dee's Top 40 (always pipped to the post by Coolio's Gangster's Paradise).

I played that tape over and over and remember trying to copy the cover photo for the purposes
of a year 6 homework assignment.

I also remember tak
ing part in the Hills District Music Festival where one of the featured songs we had to sing was Hero and Mrs Moth, the school's music guru was constantly reminding us to "ignore those trilly bits, just sing it without the trilly bits! (Like we listened, Hero was not Hero without those trilly bits).

Songs bring back so many memories.

Today I purchased Mariah Carey's Greatest Hits for $9.99 at JB Hi-Fi. It has all of her awesome
songs from the 90's. So many great songs- all very emotionally charged. It takes me back and makes me a little wistful for a simpler time.

No comments: