Saturday, June 18, 2011

The cliffhanger ending ends...

So a while back, I told you about Ms CalmFarm's and my rendevous at Colour Me Mine where we created masterpieces from a bit of plaster, paint and a nice big oven. You were left on the edge of your seat as I bestowed upon you, this blog's very first cliff hanger ending-- bum-bum-baaaaah!

The weeks have passed and our masterpieces have presented themselves nicely. Ms CalmFarm's was a Rolls Royce and mine was a Qantas A380 complete with a musical and flowerbed emblazoned rudder to end. Because Ms CalmFarm picked them up, I didn't get to see her special car in the flesh, and as a result, have no photos of how it turned out. However, I did see an Iphone picture and it was teal and shiny, and so very very classy.

For now you'll have to make do with too many photos of my plane. I gave it to Man from Mars last Friday in honour of our upcoming European Adventure. I think he thought it was pretty awesome. But in typical "I wanna be the pilot!" fashion (he's an aviation lover, for those of you who don't know) he was mildly disappointed that I had painted myself in the pilot's seat:

I didn't know that was where the pilot sat!
I protested half-heartedly.

That part was actually true-- I didn't know that's where the pilot sits ... but secretly, I was kind of chuffed. All I could think was: I'm a pilot!! And Man from Mars is my Assistant Pilot!! Even though he knows how to fly a plane and I don't!!!!!! Wheeeeeee!

[Before the baking started:]


[My sister and the jumbo jet:]


[Man from Mars with his new toy:]


[Taxiing down the runway:]



No comments: