Saturday, June 25, 2011

Friday, Funny Funday Friday...


Happy Red Nose Day for yesterday!

Funny quote of the week courtesy of Miss DB:

"I was leaving a voicemail for (insert name of man she regularly liaises with in her role at work) and I wasn't concentrating, so I accidentally ended it like this: "if you could please send that to me, that would be great. Thanks. Dona."

Miss DB pauses while we all digest.

You signed off your voicemail, like an email? I comprehendo.

Yeah I know!! I don't even know what I was thinking!! How embarrassing!

Miss Tiny and I laugh heartily. Easy enough mistake to make. Confuse two modes of communication and voila, you sound a bit funny, but it's not like it doesn't make sense, I reassure Miss DB. After all, maybe he just thought you were reiterating your name!

Miss DB looks back at me doubtfully, but concedes that "He called me back and didn't act like I'd said anything weird."

I nod as if to say "See, don't worry!" and we link arms, pounding the pavement in unison amongst the peak hour pedestrian traffic.

No comments: