Thursday, September 17, 2009

My "Did you just say what I think you said?" Moment of the Week


Today I accidentally said to my workmate (in response to her wanting to know what Alohra! means in Italian- apparently people say it all the time but no one can define it in English):

"Hey I know, I can arks this Italian guy from my old work!"

Geez did I get whipped for letting that one slip.

Workmate: "Omg did you just say arks?!"

Me (defensively): Yeah, sometimes I get lazy and it's easier than saying "ask"

Workmate: "My ex used to say arks!!! (Cue: hysterical laughter)

Damn, I don't come from the West, so I can't really use the excuse that I got it from where I grew up.... To be honest, I kind of prefer it- you use about 20 less mouth muscles and it's much faster to say- damn straight it is. In fact, I reckon it should become a real word. Sort of like a contraction- as in, cannot becomes can't; ask becomes arks.

Makes mighty fine sense to me.

No comments: