Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Cheeseburger craving alert!

Whenever it hits 4:30 pm, me and the two girls in my cubicle get slammed with a mean cheeseburger craving: Gimme some o' that tomato sauce, onion relish, pickle and fake meat patty!!! Any fast food brand will do. In fact, we are renowned for not discriminating.

Unfortunately, today we were all feeling rather "holier than thou" and tried to stave off the craving with my emergency supply of Deluxe Cheese flavoured corn thins. Munch. Crunch. "I need some more", announced one of them grabbing for the bag.

"Same," I said.

"Me too," the other one agreed.

We all had about 10 each. That's right, the whole packet. Probably the equivalent of a cheeseburger or thereabouts. All in the name of being good healthy citizens of the world. Washed it down with a bottle of Adam's Ale and we all lolled back in our chairs, contemplating the reality that Deluxe Cheese flavoured corn thins are no substitute for the real deal cheeseburger.

"I really want a cheeseburger still," I said.

"Same", whimpered the girl across from me.

"Same", moaned the girl next to me.

We looked at each other, miserably full, that fast food craving still gnawing away and with no choice but to hold off until tomorrow when the cheeseburger slam will strike again.

No comments: