Wednesday, February 3, 2010

What's cookin good lookin?

http://www.visitvictoria.com/content/2006/jun/apollo%20bay%20beach%20-web.jpg

I've just come back from 9 days in Melbourne. Welcome home, Me!

Man from Mars and I embarked on a relaxing week long journey from his house to the Mornington Peninsula and then down the Great Ocean Road to Apollo Bay, followed by more driving to the Otway Lighthouse, Season 3 of 30 Rock, a stroll around the 12 Apostles and a bunch of visits to the beach.

It was relaxing, sunny, food-filled, sleepy, shuffling and simple.

I loved it. The people across the road had a goat who just ate grass all day long. I felt like that goat. Except Man from Mars and I didn't eat grass, we ate breakfast at 11 am, lunch at 1 pm, a snack at 4 pm and a humungous three course meal for dinner at 6pm. We ate like Kings.

But like all things escapist, the holiday had to end. This week I came back to work; a little homesick for the beach but super excited to see all my work mates again- It was like a one week reunion!

Meanwhile Man from Mars is back in Berra- but he won't be for too long. You're in the home straight now Mister, don't think, just do!

No comments: