Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Did I really do that?


http://www.freedomlab.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/419J10WY2GL.jpg

This afternoon, Miss K Kaif and I decided to head out for lunch. We stopped off at the ladies beforehand and like all females, we continued our conversation as we entered the stalls.

In my clumsy haste I knocked a near finished roll of toilet paper that had been sitting on top of the toilet roll holder, off from its perch. It dived a perfect arc into the toilet bowl and sank rapidly southward as I stood gaping like a stunned mullet and clutching at the empty air.

What do I do??? I can't just leave it there- If I do that, that toilet will be "out of order" and
there are only two toilets on the whole floor! But then again, I don't want to put my hand anywhere near that water- it's full of e-coli, salmonella and funk...
But then again it's only half submerged so maybe I should just grab it before it sinks any further into the water!

I procrastinated for all of 5 seconds before I selected the last option. It was the utilitarian option after all.

I held my breath, squinted my eyes, plucked it out and dropped it next to the toilet.

At that point I craved Domestos- but I made do with regular work bathroom pink soap and washed my hands at least three times over. Miss K Kaif chucked a massive "ewwwww!" face when I told her what happened and I did the best that I could to blank it out of my mind.

No comments: