Monday, May 17, 2010

Just like medieval times...


http://computerkiddoswiki.pbworks.com/f/medieval-clothes-5.jpg

This morning our house woke up to complete darkness- the power was shot.

My mum hollered that the lights weren't working, my dad explained to her why they weren't working and then she struggled to put her make up on in the semi-dark with the help of a candle. I got woken up by her hollering and trudged to the kitchen. There I found my dad with two short vanilla scented candles burning their lovely essence and him efficiently spreading avocado on 6 slices of bread for his, my, and my sister's lunch. What a trooper.

I ate my cereal in a meditative state (candles tend to have that effect) and substituted porridge for cereal and toast for a banana. I told my dad that it felt like we were back in medieval times when warriors marched through fields with the help of an oil lantern. He agreed and laughed.

Doing things in the dark was pretty fun in that "this is something new and different" way- I was kinda sad when the electicity came on 20 minutes later.

No comments: