Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day 1

Happy New Year, everybody! Hope you've had a truly silly Silly Season!

The last week has been festively marked with impressive, large scale feasts coordinated by my sister (hereafter "the Ridiculously Royal Food Rendezvous Series"). She cooked her little hiney off and in amongst all her Fitness! sessions and cooking workouts, our family and her friends ate like kings.

Ridiculously Royal Food Rendezvous #1: Christmas dinner was a 4kg leg of ham, poached pear and cranberry accompaniment, roast vegetables (pumpkin, sweet potato, corn), potato galette, seafood salad, 5 roast quails and a mango pie to end. You said it- maybe a little on the excessive side for our family of 4, and probably more fit for an army of 20, but what can we say? Her ten hour cooking marathon left us smacking our lips together and equipped with complete meals for the next 4 days.





In the days after Christmas, I hung out with Miss Ebae and went to the sales in Chatswood. I went a little crazy for the costume jewellery at Lovisa and scored 9 things for $45. I also got 2 tops for $20 and a cool sailor bag for $40. Admittedly, with all my purchases in tow, I felt a tiny twinge of buyer's regret because I don't exactly need all that stuff, but then again, it is the Silly Season, so I suppose I can plead the defence of momentary shopping insanity on account of all the food I ate.

Ridiculously Royal Food Rendezvous #2: My sister hosted a brunch for two of her high school friends, Dr RainbowScrubs and Miss Loksee. The theme was breezy and simple with the food reflecting the mood- light puff pastry tarts, prawns, thai chicken salad and bruschetta. We sipped wine, gulped down blood orange agrum and ended with Lindt delights and Italian sweets.




For Christmas, my sister got me a Zumba pack which includes a variety of work outs, music CD, maracas and a special watch that monitors my work outs. For someone who shuns gyms, thrives on hyperactive dancing and isn't strong in the coordination department, Zumba in my lounge room rocks my aerobics socks and I'm stoked. In time, I might even hold the passionate pizzazz of the giant bull, (roses in tow) in World Square.


As Day 1 draws to a close, I'm sitting in the living room watching To Catch a Thief. Only in the silly season, when the tv stations are on programming hiatus, would you be lucky enough to catch old school films at prime evening viewing times. Love it.

Have a phucking phenomenal year.

No comments: