Thursday, January 20, 2011

When catching up with old friends is an easy, breezy chat in Hyde Park...

Today I had lunch with Snedhead. It's the first time I've seen him pretty much since he got married way back in 2008. At uni, Snedhead was known by all and sundry as a "really good guy" who smiled far less often than me, but when he did, you knew it was because it was either super funny or he was very very happy (unlike me who laughs at everything and anything and sometimes accidentally smiles at dodgy strangers).

We had a grand catch up and concurred on one thing: catching up with people you haven't seen for a while can either be very strange, awkward and a wistful shame of a friendship that's reached its use-by date, or, you can pick up right where you left off and have a good old yarn.

Ours was the latter and I took a photo for new time's sake.


And, just because it's summer and cockatoos are so quirky and cute, here's one that squawked it's head off all evening:

No comments: