Sunday, January 16, 2011

Zumba, Zumba, Zumba-umba eh!

http://zumbainthehills.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/beto_pointing.190114931.jpg

You'll have to forgive me for my lack of posts since the start of the year. I've accidentally become a little Zumba-obsessed you see, and it's taking up the time I would ordinarily devote to updating my stories.

The Zumba pack which my sister got me for Christmas is phucking phenomenal. Four different CDs with work-outs dedicated to cardio/abs/express workouts/tone and sculpt, has made enjoying the sweat and flex a whole lot easier. During the week, I keep it to the small stuff, with the 20 minute express workout being huff-puff-y enough to get my forehead glistening with a fine sheen of sweat. On weekends, I bust out the 50 minute workout and I won't tell you how sweaty I get, because I don't think you'd really wanna know. It suffices to say that post 50 minute workout, a swim and two giant cups of water later, there is no urge to pee. That's right, none whatsoever.

My only concern is, that with all this calf concentrated exertion, am I developing cankles?? My legs feel much stronger and although my muffin top's receding, my calves and ankles may be on the road to becoming One and the Same.

In addition to this, every time my mind strays at work or during a commercial break, I find myself humming Zumba music to myself. And I also find myself pointing at any willing recipient and declaring: You got it! in that fine Brazillian drawl that Beto, the Zumba instructor imparts at the end of each routine (picture above- that's exactly how he points when he says "You got it!").

I even got Miss K Kaif onto it and on Friday as we exited the deserted car park, she started busting out this move where you pump your knees and while you do that, you zoom one arm around in a circle while the other one stays horizonal. She was doing the move perfectly but her long limbs combined with the joyful grin and her legs pumping much higher than mine would ever go, made us both collapse into a giant Zumba impersonating mess of laughter. After we went our separate ways, I had to keep smothering my laugh as I walked to the station- we've promised to compare Samba notes on Monday, because neither of us can get our heads around that dance.

Man alive, is Zumba fun
.

No comments: