Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sunday after midday should be called Glumday...for obvious reasons

It is a truth universally acknowledged that the second half of Sunday marks the start of Glumday because tomorrow is Monday which means that it's end of the fun days for another five days. Don't get me wrong, I like my job, but it's more the fact that Monday can never beat what came before it... remember that song by the Bangles, Manic Monday? Check out this stanza, it is reading my mind:

It's just another manic Monday
I wish it was Sunday
'Cause that's my funday
My I don't have to runday
It's just another manic Monday

(http://www.lyrics007.com/The%20Bangles%20Lyrics/Manic%20Monday%20Lyrics.html)

Okay, so it's not the most profound thing you've ever read, but still. My weekend went too fast and that's why I'm glum for tomorrow. Here's what went down:

Friday night:

Man from Mars trundled up from Berra in the dreary pouring rain. Joined me and my workmates for some mini burgers at Star City, prior to which I had gotten super tipsy on mohitos and probably made a fool of myself, except that I can't exactly remember. All I remember is that everyone else was rather sober. Prior to that I rode the city streets with my team leader and two guys from work who are officially locked in a bromance, because of their affinity for nicely timed coffee breaks and pub lunches. Anyway, Man from Mars joined us in time for some rock and roll bowling and the guy with the abs won by a mile. I requested bumpers for some radical zig zag bowling, but no one else wanted to so that was that. Needless to say, a fun night was had by all (except for our second in command who valiantly came along despite being struck down with a hacking cough).

Saturday:

Bit of a waste of time actually, as in, we spent the whole day doing stuff, but not actually doing anything. Man from Mars' workaholic friend requested a catch up in Circular Quay (which means an hour drive from my house). Man from Mars agrees, I fall asleep with my mouth wide open, Man from Mars finds this amusing, then we get horribly lost, end up on the wrong side of the Bridge, workaholic friend pikes on us (for yep you guessed it, work), Man from Mars is pissed, (as am I), and does a lunatic U-turn which results in big beeeeps! all around, and we decide to go to Broadway Shopping Centre to look for bikes (I can't ride one yet, Man from Mars thinks everyone should know how to), Glebe for a coffee and China Town for Japanese at Menya. So we do. Then it starts raining and we have to go home. We watch He's just not that into you and find the whole plot rather slow and disjointed. Still, a good day because it wasn't uneventful and in a way it was memorable for what it was.

Sunday:

Wake up, Man from Mars hops on Skype to talk to his Exchange friends, we eat Korean food for lunch, then we speed to Hornsby to run some errands. Man from Mars opts for a spontaneous hair cut and we discover that Cheap Place #1 is closed on Sundays and Cheap Place #2 has hiked their prices up by $4 and is no longer cheap. So we decide to give my hair dresser a go- Korean owned and run and Korean 5 star service. I swear to God korean hairdressers are the best around. Normally Man from Mars requests: "Can you just make it shorter and professional?" and he comes out looking pretty professional but could be better. This place gave him a portfolio and we blindly picked the first picture. He came out looking so sharp, he could've given Beckham a run for his money. I'm serious.
Meanwhile, it was approaching 3pm and Man from Mars had to embark on the long drive back to Berra. So I went back to my room and mooched around doing not much. Glumday reared its ugly head and I've been trying to distract myself ever since.

No comments: