Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Like a fly in my eye!


http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_x8fqXSAcMmo/S7VCPeJl1vI/AAAAAAAAD1A/zfml8RYBP18/s1600/ladyface.JPG

Last week, Miss K Kaif and I were walking up Liverpool St when she began recounting the story of her sister falling asleep on her shoulder during Wog Boy 2; not because she was bored, but because she got tired. She had mentioned the fact that her sister tends to fall asleep during movies on a previous occasion, and while I was laughing at her story I chimed in "Ohhh cos your sister always falls a-sleep!!"

The combined effect of me laughing hysterically while I said this, walking wonky because I was laughing and my inability to form words properly because my mouth was hanging wide open, meant that my top and bottom teeth didn't connect properly when I said the 's' in "asleep". The result:

Ascthchleep!

Followed by: a cascade of spit spraying out in a perfect upside down parabola. To my mortification, one particularly huuuge globule lands exactly and quite delicately on Miss K Kaif's eye lash.

There is a momentary stillness as I realise where it has landed.

Miss K Kaif recoils and stares upwards struggling to identify the weird white globule that's clouding her vision- bewildered:

What is that, a fly?????

And then I can hardly stop laughing as I tell her no, no it isn't a fly, it is my spit and yes, I'm gross and I'm very very sorry to have done this.

Rather heroically ( I thought), Miss K Kaif takes it all in her stride, wipes it off with her thumb and index finger and we laugh all the way up the street. She keeps saying how she was surprised because the "fly" came out of no where and she had thought it had flown into her eye.

I keep wondering how much more perfectly I could have timed my shameful display of long distance spitting and consider that even if Miss K Kaif had been just half a step away from me, the spit ball would have missed her face and landed on the ground- no one would've known.

No comments: