Sunday, June 20, 2010

Slow as

http://thoughtsonfilms.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/theyoungvictoria-2.jpg

Yesterday was such a slow day. I had zero plans and struggled to find something to do. I redecorated my room, brushed my hair (fyi I never brush my hair; I just smooth it out with the palms of my hands like a brushless tiger) and did the laundry.

Then 11 am hit and I yelled: Snap out of it ! before putting on some presentable clothes and heading to the shops. I ran the usual errands- Priceline, Asian Grocer, Woolies, oovie vending machine and JB Hi Fi.

True to my promise that I will one day be a good driver, I shopped around for the most helpful GPS system that wouldn't cost me my gammy knee and left shoe. Did you know that some GPS systems have lane changing instructions and also tell you to turn left "at the petrol station" and not just in "120 metres"? Now they are my kind of GPS. Half my struggle is trying to estimate distances while I change lanes!

The JB guy was too busy for his boots to serve- so I left all sweaty, claustrophobe-d and empty handed (doesn't JB make you feel like that?). I'm thinking I'll go today when I return my oovie dvd- The Young Victoria, which I watched in bed on my portable dvd player. I was that lazy that I couldn't be bothered to sit myself in front of a proper tv to watch a movie which would have looked 10 times better on a big screen than my 20cm by 15cm square. In any case, it was a wonderful movie. Romantic, bits of scandal and visually pretty stunning.

On the other end of the east coast of Oz, Man from Mars was watching his own oovie dvd- some Mike Moore doco about Capitalism. He kept saying that it was "interesting!" and I kept saying that it was too serious. Who would forgo romance and scandal for realism and insight? Really, who would do that??

No comments: