Wednesday, June 2, 2010

You snooze, you dooze like a doozy

This morning I fell asleep on the train. As the train mosied along, I dreamt that I was watching Oprah on tv. It must have been around 1995 because Oprah had her old short hairstyle and not the voluminous curly style she wears nowadays. She was taking her camera crew around Coles and stared directly into the camera:

This pasta is 10 cents! Imagine how many packets of pasta we can buy!

she declared.

Even as I dreamt, it occurred to my that pasta never would have cost 10 cents, even in 1995, right?

And as I considered this as I dreamt, for some reason, some how, I twitched (or more like hit out) involuntarily in my sleep. Poor lady sitting next to me copped a punch in her right boob.

I woke up with a start and muffled: "Oh! Sorry!"

She shifted uncomfortably and kept reading her John Grisham.

I shrank back down into my seat and stared firmly out the window for the rest of the ride.

1 comment:

quixotic.knight said...

Hilarious Blog......Awesome classy humor.....Loved thy blog......And btw thank gawd u didnt dream of some insane stuff like WWE Wrestling or something.....u'd wake up to see the poor lady reeling on da floor :D