Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Gaffes...


http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2010/09/29/alg_australias_next_top_model_2.jpg

The hot topic of the morning was Sarah Murdoch's unfortunate slip of that name on that show.

Some Foxtel boss blamed her for the gaffe, but to be honest, I didn't think it was anything worth blaming anyone for. Wrong name, correction, right name reinstated. Winner announced. Mild confusion, hugely memorable. Deliciously funny more than anything- then: fireworks, massive publicity and water cooler discussions. Riveting!

Where's the loss?

Similarly, Miss K Kaif was afflicted with her own version of the public gaffe. In her own words texted post-gaffe:

Sequence of events:

My heel got stuck
in a crack on the footpath and I walked for a metre before I collected my shoe... shortly thereafter my earring fell off from the sheer force of the encounter, immediately following this disaster I stacked it as I went to collect my earring. Can't a girl walk to her a car in peace?

I couldn't stop laughing and Miss K Kaif was equally philosophical about the whole ordeal:

I was laughing at myself like a lunatic. Surprisingly enough the people around me didn't share my laughter.

Life's all about gaffes. You may as well laugh like a lunatic when they happen.

No comments: