Saturday, September 11, 2010

Spring has sprung...

Spring has officially sprung.

Sun streams into my room at 6:30am; the days are longer. The sky is blue; leaves are returning to trees. The sun is a little hot; but nicely toasty. My black turtleneck is sometimes inappropriate when I'm meandering mid-afternoon; but lovely and cosy when I'm sitting in the shade.

Such are the symptoms of spring.


Today Miss Ebae and I wandered around the Rocks like real Ajumas (korean for older ladies- they generally walk very slowly and rest frequently on benches, while proclaiming "why, my legs are so sore!"). We pretended to be tourists visiting Circular Quay for the first time, and took a number of photos to mark the occasion. We lunched at a sidewalk cafe, watched the Rocks fashion show which starred everyday girls and the odd boy as catwalk models, witnessed New Zealand traditional dancing and got free cupcakes.

It was a scrumptious spring day and I suspect the day will end with a Seinfeld marathon.

In other news, Ms CalmFarm had her last day at work on Wednesday. A positive move and a timely change- but nonetheless:

WE'LL MISS YOU MS CALM FARM!

And to finish it off, some photos from today: Contortionist street performer



Spring in the City


Rocks Fashion show displaying the Rocks Markets' talent



The National Costume which Miss Universe Australia wore




Old school post box



Rocks markets on a lovely spring day



Tour groups going on history tours around the Rocks. Costumes and all.

Sail patterns

New Zealand traditional dancers

Miss Ebae and me:

My new Paris locket from the Markets

No comments: