Thursday, November 18, 2010

It sounds like Maccas!


http://www.stamp.umd.edu/images/mcdonalds.jpg

Today our hard drive crashed at work. Things became so dire that it started doing the beep of death:

Beep . Beep . Beep. Beep.

Then it wouldn't stop.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

For 5 hours.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

"Stop it!" ordered Miss K Kaif- the only person who gets as annoyed by extraneous repetitive noise as me.

"Hey, don't you think the beep reminds you of Macca's?" I suggested tentatively.

"Um, no- how exactly?" (Miss K Kaif squints at me, perplexed)

"It really does! It sounds like when the fries are done and the cooker's beeping, letting the Macca's people know that they have to take the fries out!" I maintained.

But Miss K Kaif just didn't see it: "I dare you to ring everyone in the office and ask them if the beep reminds them of Maccas"

So I did.

Miss DB drew a blank, she considered, she pondered. Then: "Noh I don't get it..."

Jathon didn't appreciate the link: "Huh? What do you mean"

Miss K Kaif grinned half-triumphantly, but gave me this invaluable tip-off: "You know who would know?"

"Who?" I asked, mildly defeated.

"Miss Tiny or Miss Tiny's sister!" she said.

So I dialled Miss Tiny's number.

"Hey Miss Tiny, dontcha reckon the beep sounds like Maccas?" I asked half-heartedly.

Instant wavelength connection: "OMG YES! YES! I THOUGHT THAT FIVE MINUTES AFTER IT STARTED BEEPING!"

Hallelujah!!!! Need I say more? Miss Tiny and I are so freaking cool. We get each other. Especially when it comes to sound association.

No comments: