Thursday, November 11, 2010

Sammy J and Randy in Rickett's Lane...

Tonight my sister, Miss ZabbaDabbaDoo and I cosied up in the Studio at the Opera House to watch Sammy J and Randy in Rickett's Lane. A clever, funny, unapologetically risque play that centres on Sammy J, a disillusioned tax lawyer and his housemate Randy (the purple puppet).

Without giving any of the plot away, I will say that I really liked it. I loved the simplicity of the stage, the clever, economic use of props, the humour-- and the fact that they sang these spot-on witty songs with Sammy J blasting fabulous chords on the keyboard. Plus, the snug vibe of the Studio made us all feel like we were sitting in the audience of Rockwiz.

What can I say? I recommend you go and see it.

[By the way- how cool did Sydney Harbour look ? Here's some photos of my sister, Miss ZabbaDabbaDoo and other icons:]






No comments: