Monday, November 22, 2010

Just a spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down!

Howdy. This weekend I was in Melbourne and I had a grand time with Man from Mars-

Friday: I hopped off the plane and was starvin marvin! I haggled, I moaned, I whinged:

Let's go to Maccas. I'm so hungrrrry. I wanna have a cheese burger. I need a cheeseburger.

To his credit, Man from Mars held his cool (and his nerve) as I announced that "this is an emergency, I'm not kidding. If I don't eat, my stomach's gonna eat my legs". Accidentally, he missed the turn off- and as a result, was subjected to my whimpering for an extra ten minutes. What can I say? No risk, no reward-- Man from Mars did a magnificent U-turn that made the tires squeal, and within minutes I was munching, silenced on a cheeseburger and grinning from ear to ear.

Saturday: By day, Man from Mars and I sweated it out at the gym in Melbourne Park and brushed shoulders with (pictures of) the world's tennis greats. The Park is being prepped and revamped for the Aussie Open, and the buzz has already started. Come on!

We had a lazy lunch with Man from Mars' mum, just around the corner from her house and as I navigated a giant club sandwich, Man from Mars chewed daintily on his omelette:

That's not enough food!! I decided-- and lumped half my club sarnie on his plate. He acted unbothered by it, but I think he was secretly relieved, because he must've been so hungry after all that exercise we did!

Afterwards, we went home and had a little nap. Then we had cake and tea on the patio, watched the ants march and played with Kite, the cat:



Watching ants march one by one (Hurrah! Hurrah!)


Man from Mars boasting about his height and his big muscles!


Newspaper stories:



Kite the Cat:


By night, Man from Mars and I watched Mary Poppins. They were the last seats in the entire theatre- at the very back row, where the view can be "partially obstructed" by the sloping roof. Never mind, even though we missed a lot of the scenes where Mary Poppins swoops magically with her opened black umbrella, I loved loved loved the show.

It was a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious weekend :)

No comments: