Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Treat those OH&S warnings right...

My left big toe hurt all day today.

Occasionally, it felt like there was a bindi digging into it. The rest of the time it just felt a little bruised.

Finally, just before the clock hit half past six, the curiosity and mild throbbing was killing me and I forced Miss DB to wait while I slipped off my shoes and examined my toe:

A staple lodged in my toe.

Miss DB was incredulous: "Couldn't you feel it???"

Me: I could, but it didn't feel like a staple!!!"

I mean, who knows exactly what a staple will feel like when it's lodged in their foot?

Unfortunately for me, my sense of touch might not have served me too well, but my memory certainly does. I remember the exact moment that staple would've snagged on my stocking, rotated, and found my toe:

Mid morning, shoes discarded to let my feet "breathe", I took a routine trip to the printer in my stockinged feet. OH&S SchmOH&S, I pooh pooh-ed the frequent warnings that circulate about workplace safety and threw caution into the wind.

Serves me damn straight right.

No comments: