Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Don't be greedy now...

http://www.hlconline.org/images/portion_size.jpg

I get that a lot. Mostly from Man from Mars.

"Don't be greedy," Man from Mars will warn, eyeing my rapid chomping, as I suck my fingers with gusto.

"I'm not being greedy!" I will state, downing my main course and pondering what I should have for dessert. What's next, what should I have next? My brain whirs.

Chocolate? Ice-cream? Ooh Cake!! A big piece of cake!!!

After all, dessert is such sweet seduction.

My problem is, that I have a fantastic appetite. It has never let me down. Not ever. Unless I have giardia, which is what happened at the start of this year, there has never been a time where my appetite has failed me.

Clearly, this means I can eat everything and anything. Unfortunately, it also means that my eyes outclass my stomach and I am left to bear the pain, discomfort and misery that is, the Too Full Stomach.

"I am never, ever ever eating so much again," I will moan, green at the gills and willing the food to digest.

"You have to learn to control yourself," Man from Mars will advise, not unsympathetically.

"I know, but I can't not have dessert, I have to have dessert; it's just not right," I will state as a matter of fact.

Man from Mars will just look at me and not say much at all.

I will close my eyes and massage my belly. The writing's on the wall. Control thyself, or say nothing at all.

No comments: