Monday, August 24, 2009

Filler words...

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/gallery/2002/11/13/Bjork_soquiet_1.jpg

Today I'm officially irritated at everyone on the planet who:
  • starts each sentence with: "Look can I just say something...";
  • ends every sentence (where possible) with: "and so on and so forth";
  • punctuates each thought with "and etcetera etcetera";
  • totally doesn't know what they're talking about and provides explanation by way of: "and so blah-blah-blah-blah-blah, you know what I mean?" (In case you're confused, I'm talking about when people actually say the words "blah blah" billions of times for the purposes of filling time, avoiding silence and finishing off their explanations on a nice round note);
  • say "you know what I mean?" every five seconds;
  • do all of the above;
  • in a really super loud and obnoxious voice.

It drives me crazy. Crazy. Needless to say, today I was officially subjected to the worst mangled mess of debate the world has ever seen.

My ears are ringing, my head is spinning and I need a giant gelato to numb the pain.

No comments: