Wednesday, November 18, 2009

May it please the Court?

Man from Mars had his admission ceremony yesterday and became a lawyer:

CONGRADMISSIONULATIONS!

says I.

He wasn't actually all that excited for it, because he doesn't want to be a lawyer, but he did get to buy some shiny new shoes for the special occasion.

After the ceremony (which was in Melbourne- meanwhile I was in Sydney), he texted me to say the ceremony was done and dusted, yum cha had been enjoyed in celebration of the big occasion, and also on a parting note, a small girl (much like me apparently) rolled over his new shoes with the trolley she was pushing because she couldn't see over the handle bars.

I started laughing when I read that. Imagine, Man from Mars dressed in his Sunday best, striding confidently, a newly minted professional- steamrolled by a little lady with her towering trolley. Lucky he's a lawyer now; if he had broken any toes from the incident he'd be able to represent himself and sue Westfields for making their trolleys too high... or the shoe company for making their shoes too flimsy... or the little lady for not being taller... or himself for getting in the way.

How about that?

No comments: