Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Not too bright...

For the second time in 8 days I left my wallet at home.

For the second time in 8 days I trudged up Town Hall's steps, with millions of unworkable solutions roaring around in my silly head:-

I'll just run through the ticket gates behind someone else. Or else I'll just tell the ticket guy that I left my ticket on the train, or in my other jacket, or in my boyfriend's jeans or maybe I can just wait until the train guy goes back into his little room and maybe I can just sneak through then.

F!ck. I'm so dumb, I can't believe I did it again!

In true "will I never learn?" style I even left my wallet at home in exactly the same circumstances that I did last week. I emptied my bag to fit my lunch in and replaced everything but my wallet.

Smrt. Damn you, lunch.

Any-hoo. Long story short, I caved in and decided to be honest again.

"I left my wallet at home which has my weekly ticket in it"

Cue: an apologetic shrug, a "what can you do?" cock of the head and a forlorn downward look at the ground.

"Hmm okay, I'll let you through now, but when you come back to go home, you have to buy a ticket".

Hallellujah! Of course I'll buy a ticket on the way home!

And I motored through the gate: wheeeee! Free!

I've made an executive decision with myself that I absolutely have to get my brain together. If I find myself in this situation again next week, then I will officially ban myself from placing my lunch in my handbag. I'll just have to go lunchless, that's what.

No comments: