Friday, September 30, 2011

25 September 2011- Sydney

We woke up this morning at 9 am after a really broken sleep. I remember that at 3 am we both lay in the dark, talking in giant circles, lazily contemplating the post holiday slump. Our conversation went something like this:

Me: The trip feels like it was just an awesome dream

Man from Mars: Yer I know

Me: I don’t wanna go to work on Monday

Man from Mars: Same.

[Repeat, and add "really really really" before "don't wanna go to work on Monday"]

[Repeat again with a super whingy strine.]

[Repeat again.]

And then I apparently fell asleep.

We headed off back to the airport at about 11 am and I caught flight back to Sydney at 12 pm. I was bone tired and my head felt so muffled, but both my sister and mum were yapping at my suitcase to see what souvenirs I got them-- and so, we unpacked my bag and distributed goodies all around.

Afterwards, I fell asleep at 5:30 pm, and woke up at 7:30 pm. Although I wasn't all that hungry, I sort of felt obliged to eat and went and had an apple, orange and a cup of peppermint tea. It wasn't the smartest choice of food and the tea proved to be my downfall, sloshing around in my belly. I kid you not, I had to pee about 10 times throughout the night. I lay awake miserable and desperately wanting to sleep for the next eight hours before finally falling asleep at 3:30 am.

No comments: